Applying for HCP
This application cycle is currently CLOSED.
Our 2022-2023 application cycle will open again on February 1, 2022.
Eligibility and Requirements
To participate, individuals must be:
- A rising third-year or fourth year student who will complete nine quarters or six semesters by the end of Spring 2022.
- A ready to transfer community college student with at least two semesters or three quarters completed by Spring 2022.
- A recently graduated college student from any educational institution.
In addition, individuals should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Strong ties to the region: attended high school or college in the Inland Empire (Riverside or San Bernardino County).
- Commitment to serve or plan to work with the underserved population in the Inland Empire.
- Strong interest in the health professions.
- Minimum Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math (BCPM ) GPA of 3.0 highly encouraged (If you have demonstrated a strong commitment to service and patient care, may make exceptions.)
Applicants should also plan to submit:
- An Online Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
Applicants should also plan to have their recommender submit:
- 1 letter of recommendation (This letter may be written by a undergraduate faculty, pre-health advisor, mentor or an employer that can attest to your character and professionalism) using our online LOR submission LINK.
- The recommender will also be asked to complete an online character assessment of the applicant through the LOR submission LINK.
Please contact the coordinator at email@example.com for additional questions about eligibility and application requirements. Applicants from educationally and/or socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Requirements for Finalists
All finalists must be able to attend the mandatory orientation/training sessions and complete the on-boarding processes between May - August in order to participate in the Health Coach Program.
|Mandatory Tasks and Trainings|
|Orientation and Training|
|Motivational Interviewing Training|
|Riverside University Health System (RUHS) Volunteer Orientation|
|Riverside University Health System EPIC Training|
|Clinic Site Tours|
|On-site Shadowing and Training|