Applying for HCP
This application cycle is currently CLOSED.
The 2024-2025 application cycle will open in Winter 2024.
Eligibility and Requirements
To participate, individuals must be:
- A rising third-year or fourth year student who will complete nine quarters or six semesters by the end of Spring 2024.
- A ready to transfer community college student with at least two semesters or three quarters completed by Spring 2024.
- A recently graduated college student from any educational institution.
In addition, individuals should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Strong ties to the region: attended high school or college in Inland Southern California (Riverside or San Bernardino County).
- Commitment to serve or plan to work with the underserved population in Inland Southern California.
- Strong interest in the health professions.
- Minimum Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math (BCPM) GPA of 3.0 highly encouraged (If you have demonstrated a strong commitment to service and patient care, may make exceptions.)
Applicants are required to submit:
- An online application
- Unofficial transcripts
Applicants are also required to have their recommender submit:
- One letter of recommendation (This letter may be written by a undergraduate faculty, pre-health advisor, mentor or an employer that can attest to your character and professionalism) using the online application LOR submission link.
Please contact the coordinator at email@example.com for additional questions about eligibility and application requirements. Applicants from educationally and/or socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Requirements for Finalists
All finalists must be able to attend the mandatory orientation/training sessions and complete the on-boarding processes between May - August in order to participate in the Health Coach Program.
|Mandatory Tasks and Trainings
|Department of Justice Background Check
|Riverside University Health System (RUHS) Volunteer Orientation
|Clinic Site Tours
|On-site Shadowing and Training
|Motivational Interviewing Training
|Riverside University Health System EPIC Training