About the Health Coach Program
Health Coach Program Benefits
Professional Development Activities and Support For Health Coaches
Hands-on Patient Care Experience & Training
Health Coach Responsibilities
Health coaches have the following duties:
- Work closely with a patient's care team by acting as a liaison between care team and the patient.
- Provide supportive health education to patients using pre-approved clinic material and messaging.
- Assist patients in creating and setting goals through motivational interviewing.
- Identify barriers that are impeding patient’s ability to form or complete goals.
- Set up weekly follow-ups with patients.
- Be available by phone or in-office visits throughout shifts.
- Refer patients to health education classes offered at their clinic.
- Assist patients with basic resource and service allocations.
- Refer patients back to dietitians, nurses or primary care providers when patient has any medical concerns.
- Stay up to date with updates and changes in electronic health record protocols and documentation.
- Data entry: clinical measurements, summary of patient visits and goals discussed.
- Attend mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Communicate schedule changes to Clinic Leads and Clinic Managers in a timely manner.
While this is a volunteer position, the program requires a high degree of professionalism. You will be held to the same expectations as a paid employee.